Dear sailing friends, 

we are all living an unusual, tough and challenging period that will hopefully end soon. Pirat sailing club, organizers of one of the biggest Optimist events in the region – Sailing Point Easter Regatta, are still looking for possibility to make it happen

As of today, the events for kids are not permitted, but a small chance exists that our Authorities – Slovenian Government and National institute of Public Health, will release and give a green light to them in next days (or latest within a week). Of course, with the condition of presenting the Negative Covid-19 tests not older than 48 hours, for all participants. 
Therefore – we are not yet willing to give up what everyone is hoping for. We are aware that logistic and travel planning could be hard with such short notice, but what we learned in last year is that we all have to become more flexible. We added to our team also a dedicated expert who would help you with accommodation and travel needs.

The absolute priority is safety of our sailors, volunteers and all the participants. Our great Team showed that we are capable to provide and respect it, by being the successful organizers of last October’s IODA Optimist European Championship. We are closely monitoring the situation around us and willing to still give a try to the event until minimal chance exists. 

Therefore we will make the final decision and call latest by March 25, 2021. In case there would be cancellation, paid entry fees will be refunded in total.